#31 19-10-13 22:19:22

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   
Ulubiona postać: Kishan
Ulubiona część: II

Re: Questions in english

Q: Hi Colleen! How are you? I wanted to know, Kelsey's you, isn't? The physical description is next, but I don't know of the personality. I love your books! (Sorry about the english... - I'm Brazilian)

A: Yes, Kelsey is me in part. I just finished a book in a new series and that character Lilliana is also me in part. When you write first person I think you almost always lend your voice a bit.

Imię Liliana nie kojarzy mi się za dobrze....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Och, wiem, mogło być gorzej, mogliście dać mi jakiś pierścień i wskazując na wschód, powiedzieć, że trzy tysiące kilometrów dalej jest Mordor, ale i tak łatwo nie było.
"Złodziej dusz" Aneta Jadowska

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uqiwwk.jpg

#32 29-10-13 18:00:56

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Is Kelsey's first dream, after watching the hunt, supposed to represent the series itself? Like Ren being captured, saying to Durga he accepts like in the second book then her dating Kishan and Ren saying she gave up on him like in the third book then him dying and her being surrounded by death in the fourth?

A: You got it. Good sleuthing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Och, wiem, mogło być gorzej, mogliście dać mi jakiś pierścień i wskazując na wschód, powiedzieć, że trzy tysiące kilometrów dalej jest Mordor, ale i tak łatwo nie było.

#33 30-10-13 17:08:34

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Hi! I would like to ask a few questions :

1.) did you base many of te foods and smells off of your favorite things? Like peaches and cream and popcorn?
A: Yes. I gave Kelsey my love for chocolate and dislike for curry.

2.) what inspired your love for tigers?
A: What's not to love? Tigers are awesome!

3.) did you read myths or did you come up with this yourself?
A: Most myths I researched but then added my own twists to make them fit my theme. I would suggest reading the true story of Lady Silkworm or of Jingwei.

4.) Is Mr.Kadam based off of someone you personally know? Like a grandfather or father?
A: Mr. Kadam is half Mr. Spock from Star Trek and half Mr. Roarke from Fantasy Island. That's where I got both his personality and the Mister. He isn't like anyone I know.

#34 19-11-13 20:32:54

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: This has been a feud since last year with me and my friend. Do you pronounce Kishan (kee-shin) or (kih-shawn)

A: Key-shawn. At least that's what I say in my mind.

hmm... Colleen zdobywa wiedze lekko po łepkach- a wystarczyłoby obejrzeć jakis film indyski, sporo  tam jest Kiśanow, Iśianów, Rameśów.

Q: Colleen ! I've been wondering what Kishan would smell like?

A: I believe we selected a scent for Kishan before on a poll. Does anyone remember? I think it was rain forest and grass or something like that. That doesn't mean it's his official scent though. There is a clue at the end of Destiny.

ahm... chyba jest coś czego nie wychwyciłam.. trzeba sprawdzić!

Q: I have a big question for you again: I recently bought Quest in paperback and in the bonus chapter about Durga taking Ren's memories it talked about a man being with her. Was that Kishan? Because it said that he wasn't meant to harm and before this mystery man talked, you said that he had a familiar voice. Thank You!

A: That is an excellent question. The mystery man with Durga is a mystery for a reason though. I do intend to answer all those questions but not just yet.

No własnie, to jest jedyny bonusowy materiał jaki nie krązy po sieci ;/

#35 26-12-13 12:43:02

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Hello Colleen, did u always have the ending that u used in destiny in your plans? Or did u ever have a different idea of how it ended? I only ask because when I was waiting for destiny to come out I had a lot of ideas of what was going to happen and one of them was that the fifth sacrifice was Kelsey becoming the tiger and ten and Kishan were freed. The idea behind that was that they needed someone willing to sacrifice everything for them in order for the curse to be broken. Had anything like that ever occurred to u for the ending?

A: I did have the ending planned out for the most part. I knew who Kelsey would end up with and what was going to happen. There are hints of it through the entire series if you read closely. I never entertained the idea of making Kelsey a tiger though there are several fans who have talked about it.

czyli po prostu drażniła się z czytelniczkami- fanki Rena wkurzało romansowanie z Kishanem, fanki Kishana zaś denerwowały się oszukiwaniem ich ulubieńca :)

Ale nawet raz mi nie przeszło przez myśl, by Kelsey zamienić w tygrysa :P

Q: I have a question do you think Emma Roberts would be a could actor for Kelsey?
A: I don't know. I like her. She was my inspiration for Kelsey's physical description so she looks the part. We'll have to see who actually gets picked though.

#36 26-12-13 17:47:36

Destiny

Założycielka

Punktów :   
Ulubiona postać: Ren's my home
Ulubiona część: I i IV
Ulubiona para KT: Rensey

Nienawidzę za to Colleen! Czy ona zdaje sobie sprawę jak ja cierpiałam, kiedy Kells jak głupia latała za Kiszonką, a mój Ren cierpiał? Już jej nie lubię ;/

Znużona, przetarłam oczy i zgniotłam poduszkę pod głową. Usłyszałam cichy głos Rena, gdy nucił naszemu nowo narodzonemu synkowi w pokoju obok. Mówił do niego łagodnie w hindi i chociaż nadal nie rozumiałam tego języka, rozpoznałam słowa, którymi Ren zwracał się do naszego synka - Mera raja beta - co oznaczało "Synku, mój mały książę".

#37 18-01-14 17:53:14

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Hey Mrs. Colleen I'm doing a report over you and your books bec I absolutely love them, and I was just wondering where you learned all that stuff about Durga and I've researched and some of the things in your book are actually true and I was wondering abt the task she sent them on and wondered if some of the things she talks abt were true too

A: Most of the things that happened with Durga are my own creation. What I pulled from research was the weapons, the tiger, and the demon she defeated.

Q: Did Kishan have kids with Durga? I was kinda confused cause in the letter he said he was happy and had a family that loved him so I didnt know cause uf he had kids he didnt mention them.

A: Hmm good question.

Q: Hello, I just read your series a few weeks back and it's amazing! I was so emotionally involved I didn't no what to do with my life when I was done haha. Anyway, I was wondering are Ren and Kishan based in certain people that you have seen or know, did you have someone that inspired their characters?

A: Thank you. Ren has a few things in common with my husband-he gives good back massages and asked permission to kiss me for the first time. Kishan is nothing like anyone I know.

So... Kishan jest wyjątkowy :D

Des coś dla Ciebie:

Q: Hey Colleen. I don't know if you get on Twitter much but I had heard on Twitter that Shahid Kapoor had sign a contract with Paramount to work in Tiger's Curse from @ShahidKapoorBR. Is this true?

A: Not to my knowledge. No.

No i co nieco nt filmu :

Q: Dear Colleen,
I was looking on this site for information about the tigers curse movie and saw the script writer will be the same person who does the vampire diarys. I love what she has done with the show but I was wondering if the movies were going to be a series like the books or if they were going to try to fit it all into one movie. If they are trying to put all of your books into one movie I'm afraid it won't have as much detail and some of the best smaller moments will be left out. Do you know if they plan to do that?

A: The plan is to do Tiger's Curse only and if that one works out then do the rest as a series of films. This would be similar to what was done with Twilight or Harry Potter.

#38 24-01-14 16:45:57

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Hi, I was wondering about a couple of things (I hope this isn't confusing but my mind is just whirling here):

* In Tiger's Curse at Durga's Temple, the tiger (Damon) was actually really Kishan, right?

* If Anamika is THE Durga and Kishan is Damon, how about the other incarnations or avatars of Durga? How do they - Anamika & Kishan - connect or fit into that?
Thanks! I love these books!

A: At Durga's temple you might recall that the tiger was orange not black so we don't really know what's going on there. Well...I do.  but you don't. We know that Anamika and Kelsey are both avatars. I'll leave you all to ponder that for a while.

Rzeczywiście nie myslałam za dużo nt innych wcieleń Durgi.. chociaż czarny strój Anamiki moznaby podciagnąc nie tylko pod dopasowanie do Kishana, ale i po czarne wcielenie Durgi czyli Kali. Tyle, że Kali była nieprzejednana w walce, i nie można było jej niczym omotać ani zaczarować.

Q: I have one more question then I will stop bugging you! Lol okay so when Ren and Kelsey get married she keeps commenting on the priest in the same way as she did phet, could he possibly be the priest in some way?

A: Interesting question.

a jaka odpowiedź :P

#39 22-02-14 22:43:30

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Do you prefer Ren or Kishan??
Ps: I love your books more than any other, they changed my life.

A: I always say I'm team tiger. I like them both.

Grunt to dyplomacja :)

Q: I am a big fan Of tiger's cure.! was wondering if I could be in the movie? Know parts to small.

A: I hope that when they do film the movie they will make a small walk on kind of role for a fan. No guarantees but it has been talked about.

Szczerze, to nie wierzę by tak zrobili. Prędzej zrobią rozeznanie, który młodociany aktor najbardzie podoba sie amerykanskim nastolatkom i Voila- Ren i Kishan wybrani.

#40 07-03-14 22:03:48

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Hi, I saw your announcement about a prequel to Tigers Curse, really exciting!!! Will it be available in paper or just ebook? Also, I was wondering when Tiger's Dream is going to be coming out? Can't wait for that either! And last thing, when are your Egyptian books coming out? Thanks! ! ((:

A: Tiger's Promise will only be for sale on ebook. Dream is still on hold so no pub date. Egypt book one is set to release fall 2015 tentatively. No pub date for Egypt book two yet.

Jesli egipski romans ma zostać wydany dopiero jesienią 2015 roku,może się okazać, że na Marzenie będzie trzeba ździebko poczekać dłużej. A jeśli obietnica będzie jako e-book, jest szansa, że szybko wypłynie do sieci:)

#41 03-04-14 21:08:47

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Is Tiger's Dream about the same characters as the previous Tiger books? please say yes

A: Yes.

Q: Sorry, I have another question. What exactly DID happen at the Queen's Bath?

A: Ah that's something Ren and Kishan haven't really told anyone. Including me! Read through the latest daily quotes for more details.

Q: I watched the divergent movie and a lot of it was not the same as the book. Would you want the tiger's curse movie to be more or less like the book? Thanks

A: Well, first, I thought the movie stayed pretty true to the book. Movies just can't possibly include everything. It's not possible. But I was very happy with how the movie turned out. Of course I'd like Tiger's Curse to stay as close as possible. I'm open to the idea of showing new and different things as long as it fits in the world. For example, I think it would be interesting to start with Lokesh's background from Tiger's Destiny instead of the prologue in Curse. Maybe showing the hunt where he killed his younger brother. You need a villain in the movie and Lokesh doesn't really become a force to be reckoned with until Quest in the books.

Q: An amazing friend of mine has gave me a copy of Tiger's Quest about a month ago, and I must say my tears flowed for so long. I loved every ounce of it! That being said, I was wondering how those of us without the money for the RT Booklovers' fest, or an ereader for that fact, can get our hands on the prequal? I know you are probably getting this question a lot, but is there hope for us?

A: There are several things you can do. First and the easiest is to download the free software from Kindle onto your computer. Second, keep an eye on my website and/or here for giveaways and contests which will be going on from now up until the release. There is a big one this weekend. The YA Scavenger Hunt will be running from Thurs to Sun and I am hiding my bonus material which just happens to be a Q & A video on Tiger's Promise I made yesterday. During the hunt I'll be doing a special tiger fan contest to win a Promise prize pack which will include a printed copy of the book. The next thing you can do is just keep talking about it. Like the book on Goodreads and Amazon and everywhere else you can. The more it gets talked about the more incentive there is to provide readers with more ways to access the material. You can like the Goodreads page by clicking the Want To Read button. I also think it couldn't hurt to talk to your library. Some libraries loan out ereaders and might even be able to get their hands on an ARC if they are very determined.

#42 13-04-14 10:09:09

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

WIP Quote:

"Though surrounded by the king’s guard, Yuvakshi had never felt so alone. She asked one of them to name the man she was meant for and not only did they not answer her, they didn’t even glance in her direction. They were as stony and as unfeeling as statues. Uncontrolled fear spilled out in the form of trickling tears. Heavy doors were unlocked with rattling clanks that sounded to her like the weighted sound of a jail cell and even her stride felt slow and lumbering as if her ankles were manacled and chained to a heavy ball."

Tiger's Promise Bonus Material

Q: In Tigers Destiny page 90, when Kishan and Ren are digging Kadam's grave they found tiger bones. Why? Does it mean anything?

A: Good catch. Let's just say that I never put anything into my books accidentally.

Biorąc pod uwagę, że w jednym z bonusowych materiałów Kishan pojawił się jeszcze w życiu Kelsey, mniemam, że to jednak mogą nie być jego kości...

a tak poza tym... czy jeśli klątwa została zdjęcia, nie oznaczało to jednocześnie, że i Kishan nie mógł sie przemieniać w czarnego? I dlatego Durga musiała mieć całkiem nowego i typowego tigera?

na fb są pomysły, że to kości dziecka Kishana i Anamiki...

#43 16-04-14 20:13:06

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: Did you add any of your personal values or personality traits to Kelsey or any of the characters? Love your books by the way. They're my absolute favorite!

A: I think as an author you almost have to. When you write you can't help but view the world through your own eyes. Even when I write characters I don't like such as Lokesh or Randi I have to understand the evil or the condescension by using my own experience with it. Not that I've ever encountered someone like Lokesh its just that I had to give him a reason for becoming what he was in a way that I would believe it. It needed to make sense for me. If another person was writing his character they might not need the same level of reasoning because their life experience is different. I think all my female characters get a little piece of me or of other women I know. Lilliana in the Egypt series and Kelsey in the tiger series both reflect a few of my traits but the character I'm most like is probably Jennifer. In both of my series I've inserted me and my husband. Jennifer and her husband in the tiger series and you'll have to tell me if you can find me in the Egypt book after you read it next year.

#44 07-05-14 23:32:08

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

Q: hi Colleen! i have returned with yet another question (sorry!). anyways, i was looking at the Tiger's Quests quotes on your blog and saw the ones about Kelsey and Ren's conversation after the V-day dance. The one about, uhm, their physical relationship. I was wondering, if those two (or Kelsey and Kishan, for that matter) had a kid while he was still a tiger, would it affect their baby? Will we have cubs? Or will the kid just live a very very long life?

Sorry for asking an awkward question. Can't wait for Tiger's Promise!! Thanks for answering
A: Ren is stubborn enough not to even think of endangering Kelsey. He's also a lot more of a traditional guy than Kishan who would not have allowed something like that to affect his decisions. Since as we know Kishan was able to father children while still retaining his tiger persona as Damon, I would say no, there would not be cubs. The children, like Mr. Kadam's would live a long life and might possibly have inherited some powers, but becoming a tiger would not be among those abilities.

Cóż za interesujące pytanie :)

#45 14-07-14 22:04:10

lutka

Administrator

Punktów :   

nowości, nowosci:

Q: Dear Colleen,
Let me start off by saying that I absolutely enjoy all of your books. I have been in love with your characters (especially Ren) for the last four years and am sincerely looking forward to reading Tiger’s Dream. However, after finishing Tiger’s Promise I had a couple of questions.

The first one being what happened to Isha? Secondly, (this might be a totally crazy thought) are Isha and Phet the same person? I warned you it was a totally crazy thought, but I am so intrigued by Phet and still cannot figure out who exactly he is. Lastly, will we ever get to hear about Phet’s backstory?
Thanks for taking the time to read my email… along with countless others. You and your writing is truly inspirational; especially to a girl like me who lives for a great story.

A: Ah, well you don't get to see what happens to Isha quite yet. The only thing you know for sure is that Durga promised to take care of her. At this point we are assuming she will keep that promise. Interesting theory about Isha and Phet. You will learn more about him later on

Q: Ok, so I have try to search this on google translate in Hindi to English & I haven't a good answer to this. I had try to search to find out what does Bhagyashalin means. In Tiger's Destiny on page 244, it mentions that word. What does it mean?

A: It means, "May you be endowed with luck." It's found in the letter Kadam writes to Kelsey in Tiger's Curse just before they go into Kishkindha.

Q: Colleen!! I'm so sorry. I've tried to be really patient but I can't wait so longer to have informations about Tiger's Curse movie. All I know is that the copyrights were bought from Paramount, but it's really going to have a movie? I need it so much but i can't wait until 2015 for informations. Sorry if you don't like this kind of question or anything, but... If it's possible to answer this. Thank you and brazilian fans love you and are waiting for information!

A: There is no news on the movie at this time. As soon as I have anything to share I will.

cos mi sie zdaje, ze film tak szybko nie będzie..

Q: In Tiger's Quest when Kelsey and Kishan were in the Grove of Dreams for the second time and Kelsey thought that Ren was dead, Kishan said he saw Ren in his dream. But then he said that in his dream they were on a yacht and that they were arguing about something, and Kelsey cut him off before he could say what it was. What were they arguing about in Kishan's dream?

A: Kishan was seeing the argument Kelsey overheard about Ren wanting to break up with her. This was why he had hope that Kelsey could be with him at some point. He was better able to practice patience because of it.

Stopka forum

RSS